Hooked On Golf Blog's FORMER LOCATION

This site has moved to:
http://www.hookedongolfblog.com

Sunday, March 06, 2005

He's Back! Tiger is #1 again


Tiger pumps his fist one last time as he makes par on 18 to close out Phil Mickelson at Doral. With this victory Tiger regains the #1 position in golf.

The battle today was everything I'd hoped for. Tiger gained on Phil and then overtook him by two with an eagle. Phil came right back and birdied the next two holes to tie. Tiger then made a clutch putt at 17 to go up by one. It was just like two boxers exchanging punches.

Phil had a chance to sink a chip to force a playoff. Look how close his ball was to going in the hole below:


This is the kind of golf I'd love to see on a weekly basis.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger RED said…

    Heck yea I couldn't agree with you more. This is for sure the type of golf we would all love to see each weekend. Tiger really turned it around and finished strong. Do you think he can keep it up though?

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger mediaguru @ HookedOnGolfBlog.com said…

    I think it has been a while since he has had the competitive "juices" flowing like this. I think that will fuel him and he'll perform well. I also wonder what this will do for Phil. This could have really been a big win for him.

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Admin said…

    Quick reply for RED...I predict two Majors out of Tiger this year. The Open and the PGA. I have a funny, if unrealistic, feeling that Mickelson will repeat at Augusta. As for the US Open - who knows when the bake greens and grow rough like that?

    Great blog here by the way...I've added it to my blogroll. My blog buddy Jay (of A Walk In The Park fame) , pointed me here. Nice work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home